Releasing a track

Now that I've released my track Who let the Yeti out on Youtube. I'll get back to the track I've been working on while I let Who let the Yeti out rest. I do this resting on purpose, since it's hard to critically listen to your own songs after you've been working on it for hours and hours in a row. Instead of listening to music, you listen to technicalities and you know your own song that well that you know exactly what's coming.

Now active music listening I really would suggest, but when making your own music it's difficult to enjoy and decide if it's any good at all unless you slightly disconnect yourself from it. I do that by not listening to it for a couple days and then rendering it to a .wav file instead of listening it on Ableton Live, my music program. This way I can't 'see' what's happening.

So when do you release something? Usually when I want someone else to listen to it.  Like I said, my last song I let rest for a while, and after listening to it again I decided it needed lyrics. I used Text-to-speech Master to make computer generated text, added some effects and three hours later I got what I had in mind. Finally I mastered the track cause decided it was good enough. Deadmau5 says: "...you'll never complete anything. I'll never be 100% happy with any production. I can go back and make any production that I've done better. That's just the process of what makes you an artist."








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top